Thursday, March 1, 2007

Another One of My Poetic Works

This is a hero poem that I wrote for an English class. I decided to choose my grandmother for this poem because she has watched over me & cared for me when I was little. She is also my inspiration.

My Inspiration, My Hero:

They say heroes come in all shapes & sizes

And is an inspiration to others.


They do deeds big or small,

The main point is to make a difference in the world,

But usually they make a difference in someone’s life.


I remembered the time my grandmother used to sometimes visit me

I was very small back then, however sick throughout my time

She spoiled me sometimes, but also supported me through my rough times.

She taught me & told me the importance of prayer,

And I try my best to understand that importance.


As time passed, I would sometimes wonder how she is doing

And I remembered the first time I visited my hometown

Being able to see my people, and I got a totally new perspective

I heard from my mom on how my grandmother was so generous

How she used her time to help the poorest of the poor.


Now…as I reflect on her story, I remembered the time she struggled

How she fought through her tough battles, from her work and faith in God

Yet she never showed any fear of dying, as she lay in her hospital bed.

As I think back, her story gave me courage and inspired me to help others.

That is why she is my inspiration, and why she is also my hero.

No comments: